Thursday, February 22, 2007

Chinese New Year in London

Chinese New Year Eve Dinner

This is the 4th time I celebrated Chinese New Year away from home. Unlike the other 3, this time I have family members as company - my wife, my sister and my wife's uncle's family.

Uncle Michael invited us over to his house for the new year eve's dinner. As usual Auntie Yu Hsiang single-handedly prepared everything for the guests which included their friends and neighbours.

It was probably the biggest Chinese New Year feast I've ever participated in. We really felt at home despite not celebrating in Malaysia.






More photos @ http://jihying.com/photos/?f=cny_dinner
Chinese New Year Celebration in London

On Chinese New Year day, Johanna, Jih Hoay & I decided to join the celebration at Trafalgar Square. It was organised by the Council of Westminster. There was a stage show which included singing, violin performance and lion dance. The whole square was so crowded! We moved on to Chinatown after that only to find the place totally packed.






More photos @ http://jihying.com/photos/?f=cny

No comments: