Thursday, February 15, 2007

Candlelight Dinner

I've always wanted to make a candlelight dinner for Johanna but have not executed this plan all this while.

Deciding not to pay for inflated price for dinner, gift or flowers on Valentine's Day, I made up my mind to make grilled lamb steaks served in a candlelight environment.

Failing to find the recipe I wanted, I had to come up with one myself. Teriyaki sauce, ground coriander and chili powder as the marinade, onions, chopped garlic and mint sauce for the gravy, grilled potato and tomato with butter as the sides, finally garnished with dried oregano and basil leaves, and coriander leaves as decoration. The result wasn't disappointing at all. The best thing is getting to eat in the most comfortable environment - home.

More photos @ http://jihying.com/photos/?f=candlelight





No comments: