Friday, March 14, 2008

Cooking

I've been a very lucky guy lately. Not only I work so near home, I get to eat lunch at home too since Johanna is not working.

She has been downloading many recipes from the Internet. Most of them turned out very good and I have been enjoying my lunches and dinners at home - sweet and sour chicken, kong pou chicken, chili chicken, tom yum soup, black pepper beef, tangy sauce chikcen, etc. Top that off with her favourite ginseng soup. Yum!

The only downside is I get fewer chance to cook. Also, she only cooks Malaysian/Chinese dishes as she don't quite like Western food. Hence I have to make use of the very few precious opportunity to warm up my grill pan. The Scanpan titanium wok and grill pan we bought on Boxing Day last year are really impressive. However, my cooking has been less than impressive lately. Perhaps it is something that requires a lot of practice. And practices are difficult to come by ever since Johanna rules the kitchen.

The very few things I've cooked since last month...


My usual grilled chicken, with grilled broccoli and tomato, substituting ground coriander with steak spice


Swordfish with grilled asparagus and tomato. Johanna said not nice.


Tuna with grilled asparagus and tomato.

No comments: