Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Flemington Race Course

24 January 2009

After sightseeing in Beaumaris, we decided to visit Footscray and Maribyrnong.

Footscray is a "Vietnamesetown" famous for its market with a lot of cheap and good food. Since it was quite late by that time, the town is almost dead.

We continued our journey to Maribyrnong just to look around since one of my colleague is living there. I saw the sign to Flemington and got a bit excited since that is the home to Melbourne Cup, the annual international horse racing event. So we went there and I managed a few shots of the place. From the stands, the scenery is great as we can see Melbourne's skyline all the way.























1 comment:

Hels said...

You have some terrific photos of Flemington so I was very pleased to create a link to my post.

Many thanks
Hels
Art and Architecture, mainly