Friday, August 22, 2008

Jogging in Albert Park

While on study leave last Thursday, I agreed to jog in Albert Park with Johanna around noon time. She has started jogging since recovering from her numbness three weeks ago. One round around the Albert Park lake is roughly 5km.

Assuming I was going to catch up with her eventually, she started first while I was still reading my notes at home. I went out a while later. It has been quite some time since I last exercise. As for running or jogging, the last I remember was doing a 5km run in Taman Tasik Perdana a few years ago.

The moment I got out of the house in sweater and track pants, I regretted not wearing a jacket as it was so chilly and windy. Winter seems to last forever this year. In fact this week is colder than all the previous weeks even though we're supposed to be heading into spring by now.

I started strongly but stopped after 1km to take some photos with my phone. From then on, I walked a bit, ran a bit and stopped a bit to take more photos. The weather was getting worse. The wind grew stronger and it started to drizzle. By the time I covered half the distance, it started pouring. I had to shelter outside a club house. By that time I was still around 1km behind Johanna. We resume after the rain and I did not manage to catch up with her - the hare didn't manage to win the race. Ha ha, not really. I think Johanna ran quite fast and I was probably the tortoise of the day. The cross country training from KTJ days has deserted me. Nevertheless, it's a good exercise session. Hope I would do more in the future.

We had a great lunch at Oriental Tea House after that. Yummy!


Gloomy view of Melbourne CBD from Albert Park


Two of the many black swans in Albert Park

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

breathtaking!!