Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Weekend with Janet & Duane and Alex



We had Janet & Duane over at our place for dinner for the second time. They are shifting to their new home at Waverley Park, which is close to 30km from where we are right now. So we have to treasure their last few weekends at St Kilda Road. We also invited our housemate, Alex along.

Johanna is quite busy with exams so I had agreed to cook. I had decided to learn how to make spaghetti marinara and scallop for starters. Alex had made some lovely chocolate brownies for dessert. We also had some white wine to accompany the food. I wasn't that satisfied with the starter and main course I made. Still a lot of room to improve. But it was a great experience to learn something new as I've been lazy to learn new recipes for quite some time.



We ended up watching "Twin Towers" after dinner. I've run out of good movies to watch and decided to watch this movie I've acquired quite a while ago. It turned out to be quite boring. Nevertheless, I hope Janet, Duane and Alex enjoyed the evening.


Scallop in white wine sauce and cream and mozzarella cheese


Cooking in process


Spaghetti marinara


Chocolate brownies


More photos here.

No comments: