Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Stand-up Comedians

I've missed Brian Conley's antics in Brian Conley's Show since the end of my undergrad days. Not only he is a great stand up comedian, he is also a great singer. For some unknown reason to me and probably to many of his fans all over the world, he has not appeared on TV for quite some time. I was so eager to watch his show that when I got back to London again in September 2006. I looked up the TV program with the hope of chancing upon his name, but in vain. However, he stood in for Paul O'Grady in one episode of Paul O'Grady Show when Paul was ill. I was really delighted to watch him again. But then Paul O'Grady Show is no Brian Conley Show.

Not only until yesterday, when I was surfing aimlessly the Internet that I realise that I can look up for him in YouTube. Now I can watch Brian Conley anytime I want.









Recently, I've been introduced to another stand up comedian - Russell Peters. He is also very funny, especially in mimicking the way people from certain race or country talk and behave.

It's great to watch stand up comedy once in a while. They really help us to loosen up especially during stressful times. It's good to laugh at ourselves once in a while.





More of Brian Conley here.

More of Russell Peters here.

No comments: