Friday, November 02, 2007

Visiting Brian & Cherlyn

Even though I was still rushing to complete my dissertation, Johanna & I kept our promise to visit Brian & Cherlyn in Swindon.

For the first time in my life, we missed our bus as I worked until very late at night and failed to wake up on time. We ended up going by train instead - definitely a smoother and faster journey.

Upon arrival, Brian & Cherlyn picked us up from the train station and brought us to our hotel - the Marriot.

We've decided to visit an old English heritage town called Castle Combe. When I first saw the town, I thought of my sister. It's the kind of town she had wished to visit during our summer trip together. Too bad I didn't know about all these small towns at that point in time.

The next day, we visited another English heritage - Lacock Abbey. Once again we were greeted by very traditional english houses and churches. The most interesting part is the walkway used in the filming of Harry Potter.

Despite feeling very tired due to my round the clock push for my dissertation in the past few weeks, I've managed to enjoy the trip very much. It is also our last trip before we leave London for Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you to Brian & Cherlyn for bringing us around and for the dinner and lunch too!




Cherlyn & Johanna


Brian (right) and I


Autumn scenery at Castle Combe


Local fabric at Lacock Abbey


Posing for Brian






Lacock Abbey


Autumn colors


Kids & Harry Potter


Scene used in Harry Potter

No comments: