Friday, November 02, 2007

Back in Malaysia

Time surely flies. It feels like Johanna and I have just set foot in London not long ago, but now we're back in Malaysia again.

For me, it was a mixed feeling. As for Johanna, she didn't quite like London initially, but slowly grew fond of it. But the crowd and hussle bussle of this metropolitan city is still too much for her. It was good that we stayed in zone 2. We're going to miss our nice one bedroom flat a lot.

It's great to be back home too, especially for the food. Not forgetting our parents and relatives.

However, we've noticed that the prices of many things have increased a lot, e.g. Highway toll by around 60% (with more increases expected next January) and groceries. E.g. my favourite Nescafe Kenjara, Cape Colombie or Alta Rica is only GBP2.50 in Tesco London but costs nearly RM20 in Giant. The same with the small bottle of Pantene shampoo - around GBP1 in London but costs more than RM9 in Giant.

Still need some time to get rid of the fatigue from travelling and rushing for my dissertation few weeks prior to our return from London.

It's great to be home again, though I would like to admit that I miss London greatly, for the second time in my life.

No comments: