Friday, April 20, 2007

A Great Coriander Mystery

I've decided to post this to see whether anyone can help me solve this great mystery. It has been baffling me since this morning.

I was shocked to find my coriander plant in a mess this morning, as shown in the photo. I left it on the floor since yesterday, at a place with good sunlight. Johanna had trimmed the plant two nights ago as it was getting too leafy.

I have no idea what have caused the earth to be scattered around the plant. It looks like somebody (who?) had uprooted the plant and then placed it back in the pot, or something in the pot had exploded, causing the earth to be scattered all over the place. Can a coriander plant explode?

Hmm... I have a feeling this is going to be one unsolved mystery in my life. Any Sherlock Holmes out there?

2 comments:

Ozzy said...

u got tikus running around in your flat lah! ;)

Jih Ying 致颖 said...

I've listed down the possibilities:

Big insects crawling out. No trace of any insects so far.

Mouse? No trace of it either.

Either one of us sleepwalk at night and pulled out the plant and put it back again. But so far I don't think anyone of us sleepwalk.

The root of the plant mysteriously exploded. Probably not happy that Johanna trimmed the leaves the night before or where I have placed it. A bit mengarut right.

'Something' or 'someone' in the house did it. This is a bit scary to think of.

Perhaps I should just let it be.