Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring Snow

I've heard about London snowing in spring many years ago. It really happened this year, out of the blue.

I've just taken out my spring jacket, while putting away my winter coats, since summer came early last week, with temperature exceeding 16 celcius at one point. The summer spell lasted for only a while. Out of the blue, the notherly winds started to blow on Sunday evening, bringing with them sleet and snow across the British isle. The temperature plummeted to around 0 celcius again. This weather pattern will last at least until Thursday according to the UK Met Office. Wonder what has happened to all the plants which have bloomed extremely early all around UK this year.

How unpredictable... Global warming? That's what the politicians and activists say in UK. I'm more inclined to say that it's a moving average by mother nature.

No comments: