Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Wei Cheong is back

Lately I have been on site in Kurnia Insurans for inspection. Today, out of the blue I saw Wei Cheong while on the way up to Kurnia building. I managed to track him down at 22nd floor. He has been employed as the General Manager of Actuarial Department to start up actuarial operations in Kurnia Insurans. Today is only his 2nd day. He has just got back from UK last week, after working with Watson Wyatt and Prudential for a number of years upon qualifying as Fellow of Institute of Actuaries.

Wei Cheong is a senior of mine at City University. He was pursuing his MSc. in Actuarial Management when I was in the first year of my degree. We played badminton together occassionally with other Malaysians and also had a chance to travel to Brussels and Amsterdam together in May 2000. I still remember the great photos he had taken during the trip.

Anyway, happy that Malaysian has gained back another qualified actuary, especially one with a lot of experience and knowledge from UK.

No comments: