Tuesday, July 10, 2007

England - Scotland Trip (Day 5)

This is my second time to Edinburgh. The first visit was quite brief.

Jo and I allowed ourselves some rest today as we would be staying at Edinburgh until evening.

Based on my limited knowledge of Edinburgh, I decided to bring everyone to Princes Street, where Scott Monument is. We were greeted by a kilt-wearing man blowing the bagpipe.





My parents were impressed with this city. It probably explained the huge number of pensioners in this town.

We went to the famous Edinburgh Castle after walking through a few streets in the town. Other than the castle, the High Street which leads to the castle was also quite interesting, with many shops and café around.



After few hours of sightseeing, we helped ourselves with a buffet lunch at Jimmy Chung's. My dad was extremely delighted to be able to eat Chinese food again.



After the late lunch I drove around the city before driving down to York.



By the time we reached there, it was already past 10pm.

More photos here.

No comments: