Friday, September 08, 2006

Exam and accomodation blues

If not for exams and the uncertainty over accomodation, I would be on cloud nine right now. London is just one week away, and yet I have yet to feel the euphoria of flying over.

I've just completed one Institute of Actuaries exam on Tuesday. Since it is a communication paper, it's hard to gauge how well I've done. The next paper is Life Contingencies this coming Tuesday. With my busy schedule planning for London, clearing work, etc., I hardly have time and concentration for the preparation. Nevertheless, I'll try my best and see how it goes.

But the biggest problem now is accomodation. Since Johanna will be working somewhere in Fulham (west of Central London) while my university is on the East side of Central London, we are in a dilemma over where to stay. West is certainly expensive as that's where Chelsea is. Furthermore, without being physically there, it's impossible to look for private accomodation. I've finally heard from Goodenough College on my application for accomodation. The bad news is it will only be available on 19 October. If I accept the offer, I will need to find temporary accomodation in between. And I'm only given until today to make the decision on this offer. So for the past few days, Johanna and I have been surfing the internet looking for temporary accomodation. Once again, without being physically there, it's impossible to make any decision, especially when it involves huge sum of money. Accomodation is so expensive in London.

We will probably put up with Johanna's cousin, Jonathan for 3 days before moving into a temporary accomodation. Hopefully we could find a good one at a reasonable price within that 3 days. Some kind and thoughtful friends have offered us their place for temporary stay. But we've decided not to trouble them unless we really run out of choice.

This accomdation thingy is really affecting my concentration to study. Anyway hope everything will turn out alright in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope the accomodation will be sorted out soon....and may you guys have a great year in UK