Sunday, July 16, 2006

A great week in Australia

My much anticipated trip to Australia had finally ended. It had been one week of great fun, and most of all, a week away from work!!!

Johanna and I set off to Sydney early last Saturday morning. As usual I hate flights and thank goodness it was only eight hours (compared to twelve to London).

Moses and Charis, Johanna's brother and his girlfriend, picked us up from the airport. It was our first time meeting Charis - a lovely and extremely brilliant girl who has gained immediate acceptance from her future sister in-law. Since it was winter, both Johanna and I had much difficulty adapting to the cold and dry weather.

Over the next 7 days, we visited Canberra, Blue Mountains, Hunter's Valley and Newcastle, on top of an intensive one-day tour of Sydney.

It was my first time to Australia, and it was definitely a great trip. Finally I have managed to capture Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge! The sceneries around Blue Mountains are out of this world. Too bad we only spent two days there. I would also love to revisit the War Memorial in Canberra. My trip there was too short and I hardly had the time to read through all the information provided. I have also learnt from this trip that wine making is really difficult. So many factors that could affect the taste!

Anyway hope the photos can speak louder than words!

War Museum, Canberra
War Museum, Canberra
War Museum, Canberra
War Museum, Canberra
Parliament House, Canberra
Parliament House, Canberra
Parliament House, Canberra
Parliament House, Canberra
Me, Johanna, Charis and Moses
Me, Johanna, Charis and Moses
Night scene of Canberra
Night scene of Canberra
Three Sisters, Blue Mountains
Three Sisters, Blue Mountains
Scenic wall in Blue Mountains
Scenic wall in Blue Mountains
Sydney Opera House
Sydney Opera House
Sydney Opera House
Sydney Opera House
Sydney Harbour Bridge
Sydney Harbour Bridge

No comments: